Sunday, January 22, 2006

League Championships 2006

Steelers, AFC Champs
Seahawks, NFC Champs

Guess which one I'm happy about? Poor Broncos got eliminated bad, but the Seahawks completely killed the Panthers (as the enemy of my enemy is my friend**). So overall, an okay day for me. And I won't have to boycott the Super Bowl in protest (which was a possibility if it was Steelers v Panthers).

Highlights of the Steelers/Broncos game:
-I still get to make "Eat a Roethlisberger" jokes.
-Woolly man Jake Plummer really should shave. (okay so that's not a highlight...)
-That's about it.

Highlights of the Panthers/Seahawks game:
-1st Super Bowl for the Seahawks EVER
-Complete shutdown of Steve Smith by the Seahawk defense
-Hasselbeck completed 20/28
-Mike Holmgren might be the first coach in NFL history to lead 2 different teams to a Super Bowl victory

and the highlight of the weekend is....

Joe Buck: "Wow, Delhomme has what could be a bad GPA." (His QB rating was 1.88)
Troy Aikman: "You're probably familiar with those from your college days at Indiana, huh?"

Troy Aikman suggested that Joe Buck had a D average in college. It was awesome.

Two weeks until SUPERBOWL EXTRALARGE. who's excited? I'm saying Seahawks stomp on the Steelers, 28-13.

** But seriously, my mom has always been a huge Seahawks fan, and I follow her football tastes almost exclusively.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzie said...

I never thought I'd say this, but Troy Aikman pwns.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home