Wednesday, January 25, 2006

the roundup, yeehaw SHUT UP I LIKED BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN A LOT

Theo Epstein returning as Red Sox general manager
Boston Globe, 1/25/06

In the words of Pam, all the way from Australia -- "I freaked out over NOTHING?"

Yawkey Way? Kind of a circus these days. Man, that would rule -- and with the emphasis that this team places on marketability and gimmickry, it's not that much of a stretch. Maybe John Henry will walk the tightrope and a thousand little statistical analysts will come tumbling out of a Mini Cooper while Theo acts as ringmaster. (Ben Cherington and Jed Hoyer are back to cleaning the lion cages.)

On an unrelated note, the above link is not to any specific story, but to Bob Ryan's column this morning. Seriously, I love Bob Ryan. I wish he were my uncle or something. "Power is all that matters. That fellow in Libya has never given himself a promotion. All these years running the country, and it's still plain ol' ''Colonel" Khadafy." Hee. Libya makes me snicker.

*

Gibbons, O's avoid arbitration -- I am linking to this almost exclusively because I want to call the player in question "Ugly J. Gibbons." I mean, seriously. Man's face has gotta hurt from time to time 'cause of that. And say what? "The timing has even more profound implications for Gibbons, who plans to marry his fiance, Laura Giuliani, this weekend." I think I speak for all of us at Chickball when I say, "Laura, what the HELL is wrong with you? Do you really want to be Mrs. Ugly J. Gibbons?"

Also, the Orioles will finish seventh in their five-team division.

*

A's bang out a deal with Thomas -- that one-year agreement better be an incentive-laden one for my secondary team. Who am I kidding? Of course it is. I worship at the altar of Beane.

*

Freel charge dropped
-- I have two questions.

1. What the hell is a "pool room-sushi bar"? And why would anyone think that's a good idea?
2. Is Ryan Freel's email address freelmeup@gmail.com?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home