Tuesday, July 25, 2006

work update, shhhh don't tell

Let's hear some NOIIIZE for the new layout! Suzie and Chickball-friend Nick need some major props for our adorable caricatures. If you can't figure out who's who, you probably should do some research on your resident Chickballers. But not too much research, because that could qualify as stalking.

ESPN's MLB Front Page declares that ARod needs to be traded (since, you know, he sucks) and my only question is: who would want him? He's way overpaid (yes, he is, I won't take any arguments on this point) and any talent he might have is grossly outweighed by the fact that there are a lot more people that dislike him than actually cheer for him. Of course likeability is not considered a great deal in baseball trades, but I like to pretend that someone cares about the fans' opinions. Ha.

Speaking of overpaid superstars, Sammy Sosa's trying to come back to baseball and nobody wants him. That's very sad to me, growing up with him on the Cubs for all those years. I really doubt the Cubs want him back again, despite the claims that there's no bad blood there. His ego is a little out of control if he thinks he can just saunter back into Major League Baseball and go back to being beloved after sucking for the past few seasons and then "taking a break" or whatever he was doing. If baseball is anything like relationships, "taking a break" is only a few words away from "breakup". He really should just declare retirement (since he's one of 10% of Americans who can afford it*) and bow out as gracefully as Corky Romano can.

I think this Soriano trade is getting way too blown up here. He'll be a positive contribution to the Sox's lineup, but it's going to take more than a trade to catch up with the Tigers (the TIGERS??! I can't get over that...). Ozzie seriously needs to get his team back together. He shaved his goat, it doesn't look very good. What I want to know is, why aren't the Cubs doing any serious trading? Come ON Jim, the blood letting has got to stop, and it's not going to stop by putting Lee back on the DL and not taking advantage of the trade deadline.

I think when I'm ridiculously wealthy I'll buy a baseball team and let the Chickball girls run it. How cool would that be? Someone tell me why my posts are always so random...

* I made that statistic up. Oh yeah.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzie said...

EMFAAAAAAAACE

Re: Ozzie's goat -- I thought you meant he went across town and shaved the cursed Cubbies goat. And then I realized you were talking about facial hair.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home