Monday, July 10, 2006

bing bang boom

On the home run derby... updated live while watching...

Baby Jonathan Papelbon with his too-big American League jersey, tiny video camera, and huge baby-faced smile taking it all in = priceless. I do love that kid a lot.

Berky hits it into the water! Although the kayaks are mildly amusing, the guy that just jumped out of his kayak to swim for the ball is amplified amusement.

Miguel Cabrera also looks like a baby. It's really weird that there are so many ballplayers these days who are right around my age. 9 HRs to start. Hotness. Too bad the poor kid plays for Florida.

And yeah I still love and adore 'Tiz. Papi wha!?! He hasn't even batted yet and I'm just sitting here lovin' the man. I very rarely see him not smiling, and I think that's great. Full grown men still loving the game... it keeps them young, and it keeps them fun, or at least it keeps Papi fun. I also love how all the children are sitting and running around on the field... I don't even like children that much, but small children + baseball kind of = love.

David Wright? Why have I never paid attention to him before? Yep, and he's another youngin,' only a couple years older than all of us at Chickball. Holy.... good grief man, we get the point! 16 huge HRs in the first round... okay, I'll admit it, it's true, chicks to dig the long ball. (But a disclaimer: we also love some good strategy and run manufacturing too.)

I need a break. Maybe some more comments at the end of all this if I'm still awake.

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzie said...

My squealing at Baby!Tiz -- possible proof of a vestigial maternal instinct, because I abhor kids.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Sheesh, Amy, how have you never paid Mr. Wright much attention?! He's pretty much the fantasy of every New York woman at this point... and he's been on my radar for a bit. No one can surpass Mr. Mauer, though. Obviously.

11:26 PM  
Blogger BAC said...

Baby Papi is SO F'ING CUTE!!! And hey, on the bright side of all of these talented, somewhat cute, rich young men being around our age is hey, we would be much less sleazy as trophy wives!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home