Monday, June 19, 2006

World Cup Woohoo!

Alright, so I've only ever watched 2 soccer games ever, and they were the two group B games on Saturday, but how 'bout those Ghanans? (Is that the term for people from Ghana?). Kicking some Czech butt to give the USA a chance to advance to round two even though they have yet to score a goal in the World Cup. We technically have a goal, but one of the Italians kicked it in for us- yeah, no one said Italians were particularly smart. Or even tempered, because one of them got mad after they kicked it into our net and ELBOWED OUR GUY IN THE FACE. That was the one deserved red card of the game- the other two were BS, I was watching my second soccer game ever and I could see no one was intentionally trying to hurt anyone. If we miraculously do manage to beat Ghana, though, and advance to Round 2, that stupid ref may come back to haunt us since he gave Eddie Pope two yellow cards, making him ineligible for Game 1 of the second round.

PS Mickelson got PWNED at golf yesterday, he needed par on the final hole to win the US Open and double bogeyed to lose... plus of course there's the matter of the Nats kicking Yankee butt on successive days... a pretty interesting weekend all around
PPS Much thanks to Megan and Aaron for putting up with my dumb questions about soccer on Saturday so that now I can sound like I have some small clue what I am talking about

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home