Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I hope the Rocket backfires

"Here we go again," Clemens said. "I'm going to give it a shot. I don't necessarily know that I need to or that I want to, but I'm committed."

Sorry in advance, Amy, if this offends, but CAN'T SOMEONE JUST TAKE HIM OUT BACK AND SHOOT HIM AND BE DONE WITH THE WHOLE THING? Roger Clemens is rapidly eclipsing Michael Jordan as "That Guy Who Just Won't Go Away", except that MJ was beloved by a whole city, whereas Clemens has managed to alienate most of Red Sox Nation, probably any Mets fan that remembers the 2000 season, any Yankees fan that remembers his farewell tour in 2003 (and paid top dollar for tickets), and any other fans who are just tired of his antics. While I admire the man's physical discipline and the fact that he can still play pro ball while his son is in the minors, his undoubtably Hall-of-Fame career (in whichever hat he chooses) has been overshadowed by his on-again-off-again retirement status, and at least in my personal opinion, a baseball player who doesn't travel with his team even on days he doesn't pitch isn't giving it all that the game deserves. If you don't want to pitch, Roger, then DON'T, if you do, God bless you, but just remember you could have gone out so much higher than this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

don't worry, no offense taken. i was seriously contemplating writing an entry like that myself, but then i won a bet and that took precedence :P

he needs to retire. i'm tired of him.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Manton said...

I hope he goes in as a Jay

2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home