Tuesday, May 09, 2006

widely known factoids, but with personal commentary

1. Randy Johnson looked like an old man tonight when the Soxies bowled him over.
**Oh, wait, he is an old man.

2. Why is Roger Clemens entitled to randomly show up in the middle of the season (June 15. JUNE!?!) now that his family is "warming up to the idea of him coming back for ONE LAST season" (courtesy of NESN Sports Desk)? Sure, he's one of the greats, and sure, I'd love for him to be back with the Astros (although they seem to be doing pretty well without him so far), or the Sox (although that seems like a long shot), but I still don't see why that gives him free reign over all the typical rules of baseball contracts and normality. Of course, the man is sort of a machine, so I guess that takes care of the "free reign over normality" part. Clemens is becoming the Michael Jordan of baseball retirement.

3. Barry Bonds is one home run from the Babe.
**Basically, who cares? He's coming in SECOND, not breaking the all-time record. And few things can set me on a rampage in baseball more than the subject of Barry f'in' Bonds. But today's Dugout did a good job of summing it up. Thank you, Dugout, for making my hate for BB more bearable through your humour.

4. Commentary on the evil empire:
**Johnny Damon still looks like a freak with no hair. Well, he looked like a freak before, but now he looks like a freak who's not trying to look like a freak. And he sort of looks like my ex, which freaks me out even more.
**Giambi ALWAYS looks like he just took a grease bath, whether he's been on the field for 5 minutes, in the dugout the whole game, or just finished playing a game. Every time I look at him the greasiness makes me want to send him some exfoliant. Except not because he has a lot more money than I do so he should buy it for himself.
**See comment number one.
**When I see A-Rod make errors, especially against the Sox (ie: 2 tonight), I just can't help but get great joy out of it. And it makes me a little irritated because I hate being "that fan" but A-Rod just grinds my last nerve and it's too bad.

And to leave with a final thought, I suck at fantasy and I'm almost on the brink of giving up already.

3 Comments:

Blogger Manton said...

As the sole Yankee fan who comments, I shall address the issues:

Damon always looked like a freak - he just now looks less homeless. You ever see him with KC? Dear god.
Randy Johnson will eventually die on the mound this season. I'm calling it now.
The Bronx Faithful have turned on A-Rod, making his family his only fans (we assume). He can go screw. Nice home run last night, though....
The future is in the hands of Cano and Melky (laugh all you want - he's 21 for chrisskaes).

5:32 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

agreed on all counts, manton.

and i won't laugh about Cano and Melky... Cano's getting better by the minute, and Melky.. well, I see the potential.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

clemens is ABSOLUTELY the MJ of baseball. thank you for confirming my mutterings ^_^

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home