Monday, April 17, 2006

non-sequitor of the week

so kudos to suzie for the fanciful new layout. pretty snazzy huh? and non-blogger commenting! it's good to live in the 00s.

so this was too weird not to post (and something refreshingly not statistical, if you get easily bored and cross-eyed about numbers like me):

Mark Buehrle, of the Chicago White Sox, got fined on Sunday. "His crime was sliding on the wet tarp during the second rain delay." (chitrib). Yes, everyone, Buehrle apparently always plays slip-and-slide on the tarps during rain delays. I blame a childhood misspent on baseball, instead of waterslides. Anyway, it's making GM Ken Williams nervous, since he might, you know, sprain his head or something else vital to pitching. So they fined Buehrle an undisclosed amount. And, like the 12 year old he is, Buehrle got all mad and said that he can't have fun anymore. Like baseball is about having fun, Mark? Come ON man.

I feel like that's something the Dugout shoulda picked up, but they're talking about Poo-holes again. Oh, it's Pujols? Sorry dude.

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzie said...

Yeah, non-Blogger commenting is so very 21st-century of me.

& poor Mark Buehrle can't catch a break. The Cy voting last year, and now this? Tsk.

12:12 AM  
Blogger BAC said...

If I got told I couldn't slip and slide, I'd be mad too!

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home