Tuesday, April 04, 2006

welcome to baseball season

Spring is in the air. You can smell the excitement sizzling around Kenmore and buzzing throughout Boston. You see the baseball caps have returned to nearly every head from their winter storage, and you just might be lucky enough to have the lights of Fenway shine through your window at night. It's a new season, a practically all new team, and a new start once again. That's right, it was opening day.

Of course, all that is just heresay, as I'm still languishing in London with the heathens who think cricket, rugby and footie are the only sports worth an audience, and my version of opening day was more like "check Yahoo sports (spastically, for the score updates), check MLB.com, read the blessed copy of Sports Illustrated (baseball preview) I was given from the States, check SI.com, check Yahoo sports even more spastically, etc etc etc." Oh, and wish fervently that I had my baseball cap and that I could be back in the States for even just one day.

But welcome back to baseball season, kids, and get ready to enjoy the ride...

And as a side note, both my teams won their opener last night. Oswalt and Schill were both in fine form, my boy Bidge did his thing with the double, Ortiiiizzz did his thing with the home run, and by the end of the night, I was at peace with the world. Well, as at peace as I can be when I'm not actually in the land of baseball mania and have to live vicariously.

And... they're back. Let's roll.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzie said...

You're almost back!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home