Wednesday, February 08, 2006

mutual website pimpage and suzie's complete ignorance of football

The ladies of Chickball would just like to thank the guys over at The Dugout for linking to us on their site a few days back. You guys kind of rule.

I should probably talk about the Super Bowl, but football is Ems' domain. I'll make a few brief remarks that will not interest anyone with a serious passion for the game --

1. Was Tom Brady wearing a velvet dinner jacket during the coin toss? As a follow-up: is Tom Brady not the whitest whitey-white honkey of all time?

2. The officiating seemed somewhat biased, but I was definitely eating nachos and trying to read 300 pages on Enlightenment religious values the entire time, so don't take my word for it. I'm the one who talks about Runs Created and the wisdom of free-agent signings up in this piece, and I spent my entire high school marching band career trying not to look at the football field. Mostly because the Palmer High School football team was so bad that you could have put Ruben Studdard, Bruce Vilanch, Toccara from America's Next Top Model and yours truly on the defensive line and the team would have been better. And way more likely to bitch-slap someone.

3. Why do women find Ben Roethlisberger attractive? He reminds me of that creepy guy in the single seat on the T who skeeves everyone out and belches the entire way to Government Center while trying to shove his hand up the nearest skirt. I understand that first you get the money and then you get the power and then you get the bitches, but this is one phenomenon I will never understand. Then again, I'm the girl with the largest Theo Epstein photo collection outside of the Boston Herald's Inside Track, so maybe I should, like, not talk.

4. Emily makes some pretty kick-ass nachos and we got rid of that can of refried beans that's been sitting in our kitchen since September or whenever it was that my mom cleaned out the cupboards.

5. That commercial with Harrison Ford really served to remind me of how unattractive Harrison Ford has become as of late. The grey goatee does nothing. NOTHING, I tell you. Harrison Ford used to be a Vaguely Hot Older Man, along with Sean effing Connery and that weird crush I still harbor on Carlton Fisk; now, he is nothing but That Dude Who Shacked Up With Ally McBeal to me. DO YOU HEAR THAT, HAN SOLO?

In other news, Boston University (the home school of the Chickball girls) has advanced to the Beanpot finals. This kind of rules, because I enjoy having something to rub in the faces of everyone I know who does not attend BU. It's why I didn't shut up about the lazy river and the rock-climbing wall in the fitness center for like a year. So here's hoping that the Terriers steamroll some Boston College Eagle ass next week. Rock!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

i really miss beanpot season. i'm missing out.

...but it's still better than missing october.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I think Ben Roethlisberger is a cutie. But then again, I like the rugged look. That beard and babyface paired with his football prowess = hotness.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home