Tuesday, April 18, 2006

boston marathon!

I'd just like to congratulate all of the winners of yesterday's Boston Marathon, especially and including Robert Cheruiyot, who set a course record for the men (by 1 second, but still, 26.2 miles in 2:07:14 is pretty sweet no matter how you look at it)- I was watching the race from my window at work, and it was pretty awesome. Ernst Van Dyk also deserves mention for winning the wheelchair division for the fourth year in a row, and for winning by over a mile!!! When you get down to it, though, every single person who competed is pretty amazing and deserves our attention. You go, runners!

ETA- Apparently, Ernst Van Dyk won for the 6th year in a row- my bad. Damn, remind me not to try and race that guy... ever.

2 Comments:

Blogger Manton said...

Wait...I thought marathon monday was just a cute name. Wowie.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I love your posts Beth. They're so cute!

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home