Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The mustachioed, tall man who plants thoughts in A-Rod's head

So, I couldn't resist making a post in regards to the Boston Globe article about A-Rod's mental performance coach. It is, after all, one of the more hilarious things I've ever read. AND it's about everyone's favorite MVP, Alex "I want to be introduced as a new superstar on a late night talk show" Rodriguez.

Let me get this straight, Alex. You repeat to yourself the mantra, "I hit solid with an accelerated bat head." (*snicker*) And you also sign your text messages with "AROD." You call yourself A-Rod. Now THAT is too good to be true.

This guy Jim Fannin, the self-proclaimed America's ZoneCoach, has an interesting idea here. Sure, his "secret formula for thinking like a champion" (although not so secret anymore) may work for some. And kudos to him for making millions off of idiot professional athletes because he's "like Denny's. I don't close."

But wherever you are, Stan Grossfeld (the genius who penned the article), how bout you try for a different approach next time instead of making it a melodramatic love story starring A-Rod and Fannin.

"They met in Milwaukee in late April '96, introduced by Rodriguez's Seattle Mariners teammate, Joey Cora."

Awwwww.

But my favorite part?

"He [Fannin] says only one player -- former Red Sox first baseman Mo Vaughn, then of the Mets -- has not paid him. 'I delivered the goods and paid my own expenses, but he still owes me $14,000,' he said. Efforts to reach Vaughn were unsuccessful."

I always knew I loved Mo Vaughn.

Oh, and if there are any pitchers reading this... I hit solid, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

love. pure love.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Suzie said...

And by "I couldn't resist making a post," you mean "Suzie strongly hinted that I should on assorted Facebook walls because she is the laziest blogrunner of all time."

Excellent job bringing the snark, Pams. I knew I liked Mo Vaughn, too.

(For the record, Amy has agreed to be my own personal Zone Coach as long as she does not have to sit on a hotel bed and wear dumb socks. I will also be chanting "I hit solid with an accelerated bat head.")

*

Wait, no, let's rephrase this whole thing --

Luvd UR piece plz write more. SUZIE

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home