Thursday, June 22, 2006

Steroid Allegations Hit Sox

So, I was woken up this morning to a phone call from my little sister asking if I'd seen this. You see, we'd met the guy in question at one of the Sox's spring tours through the state, and the fact that he's relatively cute made him one of her favorites.

Basically, Paxton Crawford, who played for less than a year with the Sox (July 2000-June 2001) is saying that Red Sox players got him taking multiple kinds of illegal drugs, including HGH and amphetamines. Tekker and Wake, two of the only three guys still on the team from that period (Trot is the third) have flat out denied a story where Paxton claims a bunch of his needles for injecting stuff spilled out all over the clubhouse floor, and everyone just laughed.

I hope to God none of it's true, but at the least, I doubt any of our current boys will have any problems from this. It's really a shame though, if it is true, and only reaffirms my belief that the MLB-PA needs to suck it up and allow pretty much carte blance steroid testing and a one-strike-you're-out policy, if only to keep scandals like this from happening. In any case, it's not a happy day for baseball.

1 Comments:

Blogger BAC said...

Thanks for the publicity! We always appreciate it.

Honestly, I'm not so sure I believe Crawford, and I'm almost positive that his story is at the least exaggerated, but the fact that we have to at least seriously consider it is not only a disgrace to the game, but to the society that's let it go on for so long unchallenged.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home