Sunday, July 09, 2006

the continuing idiocy of buck 'n mccarver

I couldn't get my hands on a radio yesterday, so I was forced to watch the FOX telecast of the Red Sox-White Sox game, featuring the always-insightful commentary of Joe "This is What Nepotism Looks Like" Buck and Tim "Who Needs Brain Cells When You Can Have Hair Like a Tub-Scrubber" McCarver. I'm usually pretty good at tuning out that particular broadcast combination, but yesterday was unusually difficult. Apparently, Manny Ramirez' refusal to participate in the All-Star Game on Tuesday merited three straight innings of "analysis" -- and by "analysis," I mean "bitching."

Okay, I get that some people are seriously pissed off that Manny's not playing. I doubt that any of those people have all that much common sense, but whatevs. Personally, I'd rather have a well-rested left fielder with a fully operational muscle system going into the second half; if Manny's going to hurt himself, I'd rather run that risk during a game that actually matters. But I digress. Buck and McCarver were absolutely up in arms over the issue; Manny's "disrespectful," he "owes something to the fans," etc., etc.

What kills me about this?

Buck and McCarver spent more time complaining about Manny and the All-Star Game this week than they talked about Brett Myers, um, PUNCHING HIS WIFE IN THE FACE two weeks ago.

Let's see. A possibly injured player refusing to take part in a glorified exhibition match... a misogynistic jackass who hit his wife in public. Man watching out for his health... wife-beater. Well, gee, I know which one I find more offensive.

Joe Castiglione and Jerry Trupiano, how I missed you so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

I don't know what's worse: The fact that the Phillies and Major League Baseball were behind Myers in the beginning or that some members of the media chose to ignore the situation.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home