Sunday, November 13, 2005

Dear Better Business Bureau...

Phiten's Aqua-Titanium products help to stabilize the electrical current flowing through your body, making you feel more relaxed and helping you recover faster after physical activity.

I've been meaning to write about these things for a while now. What is this crap? I'm calling on Beth the Science Major to explain here.

It's fine if crazy, superstitious baseball players want to wear Phiten's products. But I'm surprised MLB.com allows the company to advertise since... well, does it seem like a scam to anyone else? Apparently, we all have "a natural healing power" weakened by stress and fatigue. What does that even mean? I'm guessing hundreds of Yankee and Red Sox fans have gone and ordered these things after seeing that Ortizzle and the Big Unit swear by them. To me, those necklaces are their equivalent of a lucky rock.

In other news, I've been wearing my watch during exams and it helps me through in the clutch! I'm always looking for a product to make me better, keep me relaxed in pressure situations. Guess has a product that WORKS. (Perhaps they should advertise on Sparknotes.com...)

1 Comments:

Blogger BAC said...

If there were a legitimate science put up alongside that I could expound upon, I would. I love David Ortiz, but until I see some actual data, I'm disinclined to believe that wearing a metal bracelet does jack diddly squat. Your body is electrically wired only in a few select places (your heart and your nervous system, as a generality), and those are exactly the systems YOU DON'T FUCK AROUND WITH. Not if you want to live, anyway. Unfortunately, things like this are entirely unregulated in the American market.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home