Friday, December 15, 2006

of bullpens and purses

Sox get Donnelly from Angels for Seibel

This is sort of like that time I went to Macy's with a whole bunch of coupons and walked out with the cutest Fossil hobo bag on Earth. The price tag read "$188," but I only paid $23.49. I don't think I've ever been prouder of anything in my entire life.* Basically, Brendan Donnelly is Theo Epstein's cute new Fossil hobo bag, with the main difference being that I didn't blow three months' pay on a Fendi immediately beforehand. And just like I trust my hobo bag to hold my wallet and my cell phone and my glasses and my lip gloss without fail, Theo should trust Brendan Donnelly to hold together the Sox 'pen in the coming season.

In short, well done, Sox management. May Brendan Donnelly serve you as well as my hobo bag has served me.

* -- except for that one time I made it from Boston to Palmer, MA on the Mass Pike in 58 minutes without getting pulled over

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. You're BRILLIANT. Bag metaphors happen to be pure and utter genius, and this one is right on the money.

Pee ess: 58 minutes? On the Pike? With no stateies (stateys? how do we spell that?) on your tail? Seriously impressive. I bow to the master.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home