Friday, December 08, 2006

Happy Holidays from MLB agents and GM's

I would have written about this yesterday but I was so angry that I couldn't bring myself to do so.

"Unless he's being less than honest," one source said, "there isn't going to be a deal."

You have GOT to be kidding me. No one will be happy if this deal doesn't go through: The Seibu Lions won't get their $51.1 million, Matsuzaka won't get his pay raise this year, and the Sox will be without a new quality starter. I just... really... do not like Scott Boras. Neither does Boston Dirt Dogs, apparently.

Other things that make me angry...
  • Ted Lilly's contract with the Cubs. I thought the Juan Pierre business was ridiculous. Now we have a #3-ish starter getting 4 years/$40 million. Pull-eeze.
  • Julio Lugo to the Sox. I thought you were trying to make this a classy organization, John Henry et al. While we're at it, why don't we just sign Brett Myers and Dmitri Young, too?
  • Barry Bonds' 1 year/$16 million contract. This sickens me. You know they signed him because The Barry Drama will fill seats. Stupid profit greedy organization. That makes it okay to employ the target of a federal steroid investigation, huh? Let's not forget that within a year, this guy could very well break Hank Aaron's record. And as hilarious as it would be for Bud Selig to shake Bonds' hand on the field, telling the world that performance enhancing drug use is a-okay if you want to get ahead in life, I'd rather not see it.
  • The Royals sign Octavio Dotel. The guy pitched a whopping 10 innings last season and certainly isn't worth $5 million per year plus incentives. However. The interesting part of this story would have to be the Red Sox's involvement. According to reports, the Sox offered Dotel a contract and were outbid by Kansas City. (I shit you not. Go back and read that again.) Hi, Theo and friends? We need relief pitching. And you let the Kansas fricken City Royals outbid you? Oh, the shaaaame.
That's enough gross stuff for one post. In more positive news, David Ortiz received his fourth straight Edgar Martinez Outstanding Designated Hitter Award. And (you're never going to believe this one!!) Ortiz also hopes Manny will remain with the Red Sox this season. Anyone else experiencing deja vu?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I endorce any deal that gets Ted Lilly, or any other shitty lefty that the Red Sox inexplicably cannot hit, out of the American League. Please and thank you.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home