Tuesday, October 31, 2006

An open letter to #39

Dear Mr. Maroney,
Congratulations on yet another phenomenal game last night! After Curtis Martin left the Patriots and broke my heart almost 10 years ago, I never thought I could have that special bond with a running back ever again. But you have proven me wrong. I think I love you. Consider this a marriage proposal. And if you're unavailable for whatever reason, feel free to pass this along to Mr. Brady because I really like him, too. Thank you for giving New England fans a lovely MNF experience, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Your biggest fan <333

P.S.- Last night's win was particularly appreciated, as a certain acquaintance of mine no longer has to jump in Boston Harbor this February. Instead, he gets to watch his Minnesota buddies do it. So I thank you for the lack of pneumonia and ECOLI in my life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

ever since troy polamalu got taken down by his hair, i find myself hoping and praying that happens to other players so they can figure out that it's a bad idea to tempt fate by having dreadlocks come out of your helmet.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Pam. People who get their opinions on Bill Belichick from Tony Kornheiser don't deserve to blog.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home