Saturday, October 28, 2006

"the Cardinals are the World Series Chumps"

Per request, the title for this entry was provided by someone who was once drafted by the "chump"ion team I am speaking of.

So the Cardinals won the World Series and per Beth's entry below, yes, they did prove they were the team to beat in the NL. However, after the very poor last month or so the team had, I still can't really feel like they deserve the title. Yeah, the Tigers fell off during that last part of the season too, but I personally feel like the Tigers had a better all-around season and should have been able to pull off a charge there in the series. But, well, they didn't.

I know there are going to be people who disagree with me, and I'm too lazy to throw out stats and facts right now because it is Saturday and it is also pouring outside and I am soaked from running errands and trekking to the BPL for history micro-freaking-text (microtext? not even microfilm?? no love) research. This paragraph has nothing to do with baseball. Sorry.

ANYway, to continue with the rant, which includes no love to the Cards and no love to the microtext sheets at the BPL, I am (blasphemy upcoming) kind of glad baseball season is over this year because I burned myself out on it during the summer and I want to be able to come into a new season with fresh eyes and heart and enthusiasm. I was all for the Tigers because of reasons mentioned in previous posts, but now that it's over, I guess I'll just have to settle with ignoring the fact that it happened and also never, ever writing a post as bad as this one ever again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home