Thursday, October 19, 2006

I hate those Be You pins, though

I need to address something here that's only somewhat sports related. (Sorry, this is what happens when I get rid of my own personal blog.)

After posting my entry on relationship compatability in regards to sports interest ("So maybe it wasn't a good idea to date all those musicians, engineering majors, and pseudo-intellectuals," Chickball, 15 October 2006), I was accused of encouraging people not to be themselves. Apparently, my stories about cringing at parties when friends introduced me as a huge Sox fan, about becoming upset when guys didn't seem interested in me for that reason, were interpreted by some as a lesson for people to pretend they're someone else. I think we've all been there, all questioned what does and doesn't attract the opposite sex (or same). And as a person who once went down the road of acting how I thought people wanted me to act, it's a bad idea. I was absolutely NOT advocating that in the entry. So, today's lesson: Be proud of who you are. If someone can't appreciate your intelligence, quirks, and sabremetrics talk, forget 'em.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

hm, i didn't think that at all. i interpreted it as saying that if you find a guy who's not into sports, it's probably not going to work out. that was the moral that i picked up. common ground, you know? it's always good to have.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home