Thursday, October 19, 2006

You're toxic, I'm slippin' under...

Since everyone loves my random late-night posts:
  • Over a pint o' Sam Adams this evening, Emily and I discussed the idea of rooting for good games rather than particular teams in the playoffs. Her morals and values do not permit her to support the Cardinals in any way, but I'm somewhat indifferent. And I realized that I haven't exactly rooted for either the Mets or the Cards but instead for a Game 7 showdown. Looks like we're getting that tomorrow night, folks. Infinitely better than the joke-of-an ALCS.
  • This has been a week of WTF moments in the sports realm. The Dennis Green press conference after Monday night's ridiculous Bears-Cardinals game ("If you want to crown them, then CROWN THEIR ASS!"), announcers getting fired, the Buffalo Sabres topping the Philadelphia Flyers 9-1, Tiki Barber considering retirement, Koren Robinson's suspension, and (I wish I were joking) fans now having the option to adorn their urn or casket with their favorite team's logo. Let's just say my Broadcast Sports class had no problem putting together a rundown for last night's show.
  • My personal WTF moment of the day: a photo of Bill Buckner's crotch on ESPN.com's homepage. Coming in at a close second would be the dude who did karaoke to Britney Spears' "Toxic" tonight at An Tua Nua.
  • In other news, John Maine has nice sideburns and Emily thinks I'm crazy for noticing. Please, someone back me up on this.

2 Comments:

Blogger BAC said...

Announcers are being fired and Tim McCarver is still around? :(

9:58 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Seriously. My favorite quote from the NLCS Game 7 broadcast: "Don't forget, it's raining lightly. The infield could be very wet on ground balls."

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home