Sunday, October 15, 2006

NFL Shortlist

First, baseball. My mom told me this morning: "I really hope St. Louis wins the series, just so Detroit can CRUSH THEM. I mean, come on, NOBODY likes St. Louis." I am my mother's daughter.

A few topics from the NFL, I'll keep it short.

And that's why we cut our hair: Steeler's Troy Polamalu got brought down by his hair in today's game, then was promptly brought back up again by the hair (this last part was what brought the penalty). Come on man, at least tie it back.

The most underrated teams in the NFL: Drew Brees and the Saints, Plummer and the Broncos.

Best performance of the day: Tiki Barber and Jeremy Shockey for the Giants dominated in the second half against Atlanta. Eli was okay, the defence marginal, but those two made up for it all. Shockey had 2 tds and Barber rushed for 185 yards. Amusing side note, Shockey tried to jump up into the stands and the Atlanta crowd rejected him. I don't know if he forgot where he was or he was just mocking them.

The winless get a win: Lions, Titans, Bucs all get wins to break their winless streak, Oakland is still in progress, but the Broncos are dominating in the first half. I'd say it's been a good weekend to be in Detroit.

The game I care least about: Houston at Dallas. TO's back to his obnoxious, self-satisfied self and Houston is pathetic. No one outside of Texas cares. At least I didn't have to watch more than 2 minutes of it. To some extent, Panthers and Ravens, but Delhomme was amazing and McNair got injured so there was a little drama.

With that all said, GO BEARS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home