Monday, October 30, 2006

AND ETCETERA

I get a perverse joy out of reading that St. Louis was just declared America's most dangerous city. Mmmmhmmm.

So let's talk football briefly. The Bears are dominating, the Colts eeked out a win against the Broncos (what a game!), and the Dallas Cowboys came back from a 14 point deficit to beat the Panthers. Bill Parcells ditched Drew Bledsoe for the incredibly young Tony Romo who carried the team with bullet precision and great plays. And against the Panthers (Jake Delhomme and Steve Smith are one of the greatest QB-Receiver teams in the NFL) this is particularly impressive. The Giants had better watch out, the Cowboys are going to make a run for the top of the NFC East in a big way.

THIS IS A RANT. I don't like the Patriots. I've tried, but it just doesn't work. They're a technically good team, but the people are really grating. Let's talk about how Bill Belichick looks homeless almost all the time (and uses his players like tissues), Rodney Harrison got voted the dirtiest player in the NFL, and Tom Brady looks like he should be an actor, not a football player (he's also dating Bridget Moynahan). They irritate me like that one guy in your class who always makes some smart comment and you really want to deck him but know that you'd get suspended. I know we have a lot of Pats fans out there, so I'll stop bashing on the team now.

Honestly, if it came down to a Superbowl of Colts v. Bears, I would die. I'm not sure the Bears could win, and I also really like the Colts. Bears-Ravens would be a good matchup, I could support that game.

In sadder news, I'd like to have a moment of web-silence for Red Auerbach, the leader of the Celtics for a long time and one of the greats. The mastermind behind the Celtics dynasty in the 70s and 80s, he will be remembered and missed. All of us at Chickball (even the non-basketball enthusiasts) send our condolences to all of Mr. Auerbach's friends and family.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Instead of commenting on this, I shall create my own post...

3:25 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

wait wait wait, are you saying you find Peyton Manning MORE likeable than Tom Brady?

Really?

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home