Monday, December 11, 2006

Wear your TEAM COLORS with pride

You may have noticed our little slogan in the header mentions the "pink-shirt stereotype." Well, someone has finally written about it.

Yes, Mary Buckheit. YES.

In my opinion, the following quotes from two of Buckheit's friends perfectly sum up the "problem."

"I'm not one to stereotype -- OK, maybe I am -- but a pink jersey shows the world that you are not actually a fan, since you either don't know your team's colors, or worse, you just don't understand the importance of wearing them."

and

"Sometimes girls wear pink to support the cause of breast cancer awareness, but in most cases the pink signifies, 'I know absolutely nothing about football (or any sport), but I like dudes and I have loose morals. Please buy me a drink.'"

I enjoyed this piece immensely. Hooray for Page 2, female sports columnists, and putting an end to this sports apparel abomination.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess i'll be returning those matching pink "Chickball" hats I had made up for you all for xmas...

8:01 PM  
Blogger Suzie said...

no, tomo, if the chickball girls wear pink merch, it's considered hip and ironic. hats, *please!*

pam, i'm glad you posted this -- pink may be my favorite color, but i don't want to see it at fenway park. more to come later, when i don't have the plague.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh pink paraphanelia... I got in an argument with a girl who said she was a Yankees fan last week. She was trying to tell me that A-Rod is better than Jeter.

She might be right. I mean, he had a better batting average and made no errors in the field. He's also amazing in the playoffs. Well, he gets more money and looks more feminine, so he must be better.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home