Monday, November 14, 2005

I'm boycotting the AL MVP

I despise Alex Rodriguez.

Maybe I should say more about this, but I don't care about the arguments stating that A-Rod played both sides of the game as opposed to our man Ortiz who came to bat every day and delivered day after day, week after week, month after month of clutch hits, endless hope to millions of Red Sox fans any time he came up to bat, and endless fear to opposing teams any time he came up to bat. And yes, I'm being repetitive. I'm trying to prove a point here.

A-rod is a whiny boy ballplayer with less than manly tendencies, and I'm sorry (or I'm not sorry at all), but I will never forget or forgive him for his past lame attempt at swiping the ball out of Arroyo's glove during the playoffs. Real ballplayers don't need to play like that.

And thus I am disappointed in the selection of the 2005 AL MVP. Ortiz delivered, time after time, and you CANNOT tell me that he was not just as valuable as any other member of the team because he didn't play the field. And okay, yeah, I just hate A-rod. And really, I was expecting AR to win, because we all know how fair and logical baseball has been lately, but still. I know I have justification for my rationale, but I'm probably not explaining it well because my blinding rage and hatred for the Yankees and the AL "MVP" are distracting me from coherant thought.

I have to go think about something else now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

ditto

3:41 PM  
Blogger BAC said...

BUT HE SAVED TEH BABY!!!!

(throws up in front of "60mph speeding truck" on Newbury St)

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home