Friday, April 27, 2007

I paint my sock all the time. It makes me look badass.

Now that schoolwork has ended and I have a job, Chickball is back on my radar. Here are some fleeting thoughts, in no particular order...

- Only in Boston could this story cause such a ruckus. I really could care less, first of all. And second of all, rumor has it both Doug Mirabelli and Curt Schilling are huge jerks. And seeing the two of them so PO-ed about the whole thing is highly amusing.

- David Halberstam, you will be missed. It's always sad when someone so unbelievably talented passes away, but he was one of those writers who made me stop and think, "Wow. That is one of the most beautifully crafted things I have ever read."

- Seeing the Yankees' pitching staff in its current state hasn't given me as much pleasure as I thought it would. Knowing those Yanks, they'll bounce back after the All-Star break and cause mass anxiety across Red Sox Nation.

- I was so fortunate as to be in attendance at Sunday night's Red Sox-Yankees game. During that third inning (the back-to-back-to-back-t0-back one), I thought the park would implode. Literally. Thank you, Chase Wright, for making me one of the lucky 35,000 or so people to witness such a historic evening in person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home