Sunday, June 17, 2007

lou piniella doesn't think we know, well, anything

Oh my God, Lou Piniella, do us all a favor and SHUT UP.

Q: On the other hand, it might be nice if baseball moved into the future by including more women in its ranks. Do you think a woman could be a good manager?
A: If she had a good bench coach, why not? I would think she would need a good hardened professional baseball guy that would help her with the x’s and o’s during the ballgame. Someone who knew the intricacies in and out of the game.
Q: Plenty of women already know the intricacies of the game.
A: I’m not sure of that. I think some of the sportswriter women probably think they do.


...I'll take "Endemic Cultural Misogyny" for $400, Alex.

COME ON. This is the twenty-first goddamn century, and while I realize that the world of professional sports will always lag behind in terms of gender equality, I wonder if anyone bothered to tell Lou that women, as well as men, can easily recognize that he's kinda sucked as a manager since 2002. Not to be one of those uppity bitches who, y'know, insists on leaving both the kitchen and the missionary position once in a while, but I'm pretty sure that after watching upwards of 100 baseball games a year for twenty-plus years, I might have a baaaaaby bit of a grasp on the "intricacies of the game." Seriously, dude, I have a uterus, not a form of mental retardation.

(If ever there was a time for a triumphant return-of-the-Chickball post, this was decidedly it.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, just wow, Lou.


I've missed Chickball. Post again soon.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LADY, I <3 U.

Perrrrrrfect. He's such an idiot. And you are sheer brilliance. Print this out, along with your resume, and send it to the Cubs. They'd totally hire you. Of course, you'd have to commute from Boston, but that's not my problem. :P

9:36 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Wow, just wow.

I couldn't say it better. JESUS.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Manton said...

Oh man am I going to be the guy here....

While I think it's very possible for a woman to be great at the intracities of baseball, I don't think that a woman would necessarily be able to fully motivate or keep a team going for 162 games (or more). Sorry to be the asshole male, but I don't know if that's possible, specifically with the culture of baseball players that we live in now. Anyone of any gender can know the X's and O's (sorry for displacing that one into a different sport), but it's another to be respected and listened to, and I just don't think that will happen any time soon.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home