Sunday, September 17, 2006

grumpy sunday morning

So Michelle Wie failed to make another PGA Tour cut. And some people are a weeeee bit too happy about that. (Links via Deadspin, that which gives me much joy.)

You know what? All this criticism is ridiculous. So she wants to challenge herself -- big deal. She's on a sponsor exemption, so it's not like she's taking a spot away from someone who actually deserves it. And the thing that everyone seems to forget -- she's sixteen years old. Jesus Christ on a saltine cracker, do you know what I was doing with my weekends when I was sixteen? I complained about my hair, watched Buffy reruns, and moped about how, like, that totally cute band dork didn't like me back, which was an international tragedy in those days.

So maybe she should give the LPGA a shot next year. Maybe she got in over her head on the PGA. But on what planet is it okay for grown men to get snarky and insulting about sixteen-year-old girls who are actually challenging themselves at a young age? God, I hate the media, and I hate men.

(Okay, I'm lying about that last part. I am actually a really big fan of men. Except for that totally cute band dork, who never did like me back. Grrr!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home