Friday, September 22, 2006

I kind of wanna meet the Sports Gal...

Just wanted to draw everyone's attention to Bill Simmons' Friday NFL picks column. If you haven't been following it since week one, you may be unaware of the Sports Gal's new mini-column, which is basically one of the funniest things ever. In order to persuade her to go up against the Sports Guy's NFL picks, ESPN has allowed her to write pretty much whatever she wants once a week as a sidebar. Laugh-outloud-funny, people. This week, it's a serious take on US Weekly and Ashlee Simpson. Keep in mind that it appears on a page devoted entirely to football. I love the absurdity. Today's favorite quote:

If Bill were famous and Charlize trounced me by a landslide in US Weekly, I'd never attend another red carpet event and probably wouldn't leave the house anymore. Although I guess I'd be kind of psyched that I was in the magazine. I don't know. Either way, I think US Weekly owes Mrs. The Rock an apology.

(By the way, she's beating the Sports Guy: 16-16 on the season while he's 15-17. Ha.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home