Monday, September 18, 2006

football, week 2

Well, Pam does better posts about football (since she, like, finds time to watch games). But too bad, Chickball fans, I'm postin...

about how much ASS the Bears are kicking!! Okay, so it's the Lions and the Packers, not hard, but it's great to be winning something. While I do feel bad for poor little Kyle Orton (he's adorable, shutup), Rex is doing amazing. On the topic of midwestern teams, who feels that Brett Favre should have retired? Everybody should be nodding. How painful is watching him? I mean, he gets no support from his team. Which is exactly what happened last season. It's going to be even more painful as the season goes on, I hope he takes a hint and retires already. I mean, he probably has several job offers for announcing and he's guaranteed a spot in the hall of fame. Why continue with playing? The risks are greater than the rewards, and that means a NO-GO decision (this commentary brought to you by econ 102).

First off, I think the Jags are going to be the team to watch right now. They've beaten the Cowboys AND the Steelers in their first two games, and considering how solid those teams usually are, that's saying a lot. And both have been by a solid margin. The Jags have a complete game: a reliable QB, solid offensive support, and a good defense to back it all up. I'm looking forward to watching them this season. A lot of younger players, but they look very much like a team out there.

The Bengals look like they're picking right up where they left off last season. Carson Palmer is going to keep getting better and I have nothing but hope for this team. Although I, as a rule, hate Ohio and most everything that comes out of it. Besides the Bengals: Indy, Seattle, and to a lesser degree the Giants and Broncos, are all looking to be about where they were at the end of last season. I'm expecting good things from this season, it should be exciting. There are a lot of stand out organizations right now, we'll see which ones can make it to January.

(and yes, baseball is officially dead to me. for the season anyway.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home