Thursday, September 21, 2006

Overtired and incoherent

DISCLAIMER: This post is being written at 1:30 a.m. and may only make partial sense. Whatever. Let's see where my thoughts take us...

-- Yanks clinched tonight. And I don't even care. I've adopted the Twins as my post-season team and they beat the Sox (again) tonight. Good for them, man, good for them. How can you NOT root for a team with Joe Nathan, Justin Morneau, Johan Santana, and Joe Mauer on it? Exactly.

-- Speaking of the Twins, at An Tua Nua this evening...

Suzie and Emily (pretty much at the same time): "Quick! PAM! Joe Mauer's catcher booty is on TV!!"

-- I don't like Alex Rodriguez. And I resent anyone who says he's attractive.

-- I don't like Jeremy Shockey. This is random and somewhat unfounded but whatever.

-- Other people I don't like: Barry Bonds' lawyer, Tie Domi, Big Ben, Jason Giambi, George W. Bush (Not for the obvious reasons but for this. Jim Caple's got the right idea.)

-- People I do like: Peter Gammons, David Ortiz, Laurence Maroney, Joe Nathan, Tiki Barber

-- Mets finally won the NL East title, qualifying as the most unsurprising sports story of the year, aside from Art Shell crushing the hopes of every Raiders fan a mere two weeks into the NFL season.

-- Justin Verlander: Wassup man? You were going to be the AL Rookie of the Year. Now? Notsomuch.

-- Just realized I forgot to eat dinner tonight. Woops.

-- The ladies of Chickball have been hyping up this Hot/Not entry for quite a while now, so I'm giving everyone a deadline: Monday, October 2. Mark your calendars, y'all. Lots of photospam and goodness.

-- A few thoughts on NFL, Week 2: Jacksonville scares me, the Giants-Eagles game was INSANE, Laurence Maroney is still my homeboy and I may just buy a Patriots #39 jersey, Bill Cowher will be frightening in practice this week, umm PEYTON MANNING, it gave me a sick pleasure to see Adam Vinatieri out, I feel bad for Jon Gruden, and (surprise!) the Dolphins don't exactly look like a threat this season.

Now I sleep.

4 Comments:

Blogger Manton said...

What's with this Chickball "adoption" stuff? Good job picking the team that'll probably go to the world series (and win) as your piggy back team. If the Yankees lost, you know who I would pull for? Nobody.

Maybe the Mets, but not really.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

re: manton
we have to adopt teams that are going to be in the playoffs, otherwise baseball isn't as fun and exciting. and this is chickball, we have to write about it anyway and we might as well be passionate about what we write.

re: pam
i completely agree with every point in this post and cannot believe you wrote so coherantly at 1:30am. sorry about the joe mauer catcher booty thing, it's just so hott.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Suzie said...

RE: Manton -- What Emily said. I've been pulling for the A's a baby bit since 2000 (Zeet's rookie year), and since I would someday like to be in their employ, I figure a little rooting on the side can't be a bad thing. ALSO, WHY ARE YOU READING US AT 3:03 A.M.? We don't even read ourselves that late. :P

And Catcher Booty was entirely responsible for my karaoke stylings last night.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Dear Manton,
I am first and foremost a baseball fan. I live and breathe the sport and pride myself on knowing what's going on outside the Red Sox bubble. If you can't understand why a person would want to make the most of the post-season by rooting for some team, ANY team, that's your problem. Your "If the Yankees lost, you know who I would pull for? Nobody" declaration falls under the same category as your "We boo our players because we know they can do better" argument.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home