Sunday, January 14, 2007

We interrupt your regularly scheduled program for a moment of "WTF-age"

I've been watching the Seahawks-Bears game no more that 20 minutes, and already Joe Buck has managed to say

(In response to a Bears touchdown, and in 100% seriousness): "Seattle is probably saying right now 'Thank God someone finally found that hole in our defense'"

(In response to a note from a correspondent about traction and cleat length, again, in all seriousness): "I wish I knew which was bigger, 3/8" or 1/2" or 5/8"- Troy, you used to play football, which of those is bigger?" ( I'm pretty sure my 9 year old nephew knows enough about fractions to figure that out).

Just a small reminder to myself why I watch Joe Buck games on mute.

4 Comments:

Blogger Manton said...

That is disgusting and deplorable. He should apologize to everyone who had to see that classless act.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I'm just thankful I was watching the game with a good-sized group of people and didn't catch a lot of the commentary. Ugh.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was recently watching Jeopardy and there was a catagory called "Joe Buck Calls History", in which Joe Buck made play-by-play calls of historical events. I have never been so angry at my television and Alex Trebek in my life.

If Joe Buck is remembered as the sporting voice of this generation, I am offically resigning my sports fan membership. Maybe I'll take up kitting or something that doesn't have the worst annoucer ever atached to it.

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was watching with my mom, but she got too angry about the constant Rex Grossman abuse (I come from a long line of diehard Gator fans) and walked off. Still, she managed to hear the 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" nonsense from three rooms away and yelled out, "Is he serious?! No one is that dumb, right?"

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home