Friday, September 21, 2007

where's our damn record deal?

If blues is the music of pain, then the recent co-opting of Amy Winehouse music by certain Red Sox fans has to fall into that category.

The last single was a collaboration, but credit for this goes to Jackie Chretien alone. By posting it here, I think that makes me her producer or something. (She's the Justin Timberlake to my Timbaland.)

They tried to make me watch the Red Sox, and I said no, no, no /
Yeah, they've been great, but now, as of late, it's been "ohhhh, no. no" /
'Cuz I ain't got the time, and though Tom Caron says they're fine /
If you try to make me watch the Red Sox, I won't go, go, go

I’d rather be back there in May /
At least before the All-Star Break /
'Cuz there’s nothing, nothing you can tell me /
That I can't learn from 1978

Those Yankee fans don't have much class /
And I know they won't be nice as they pass

They’re tryin' to make me watch the Red Sox, I said no, no, no /
Yes I been jacked, but they don't come back, and it blow, blow, blows /
I ain't got the time, and oh, that bullpen's less than fine /
Don't try to make me watch the Red Sox, I won't go, go, go

ESPN said, "Why you think you here?" /
I said, "I got no idea" /
They're gonna, they're gonna lose the division /
So I always keep a bottle near

Said, "I just think you’re depressed" /
Fuck this, these Red Sox /
Let me rest

They're tryin' to make me watch the Red Sox, I said no, no, no /
Yes I have faith, then Gagne blows the eighth, I'm so low, low, low

I don’t ever wanna care again /
I just, oooh, I just need a win /
I'm not gonna watch this week /
Even though we have the D-Rays again

And it’s not just my pride /
It’s just 'til this rage subsides

They tried to make me watch the Red Sox, and I said no, no, no /
Yeah, they've been great, but man, as of late, it's been "ohhhh, no, no" /
'Cuz I ain't got the time /
and though Tom Caron says they're fine /
If you try to make me watch the Red Sox, I won't go, go, go


By the way, if Beckett doesn't win this, I'm breaking up with him and making an effort to find a boyfriend who's more invested in our relationship. And by "more invested in our relationship," I mean both "willing to sacrifice his entire right arm to the Sox cause" and "aware that said relationship exists."

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

woohoo, the reverse jinx worked! :D

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home